We are very grateful for the generous contribution of Frances and Fritz Traugott who provided a $2,000,000 gift as the seed funding for the Energy and Environmental Systems Program at Syracuse University. We continue to seek additional personal and corporate gift commitments that will enable us to build upon the momentum established by this founding gift.
Industrial commitments are also sought to provide internship and applied research experience for students and relevant connections for faculty members.
Ongoing supports for BEESL research are from competitive grant and contract awards from Federal government agencies, NY State government agencies and private industries.
The following organizations have provided research fundings for Energy Systems Program:
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air-conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE)
- Carrier Corporation
- Niagara Mohawk Power Corporation, a National Grid Company
- United Technology Research Center (UTRC)
- BASF Corporation
- CDH Energy
- Fortifiber Corporation
- Greenfiber Corporation
- Honeywell Foundation
- Xerox Foundation
- Xerox Corporation
- Ticona Polymers, Inc.
Federal Agency Support
- Air Barrier Association of America (ABAA)
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- NASA Glenn Research Center
- U.S. Department of Energy (USDOE)
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA)
- National Center for Energy Management and Building Technologies (NCEMBT)
- USDA Forest Product Laboratory
State Agency Support
- New York State
- New York EQS-STAR Center
- NYIEQ Center, Inc.
Academic Instituitional Support
- Syracuse Center of Excellence in Environmental and Energy Systems
- University of Illinois, Chicago